Thursday, December 16, 2010

Moon Sightings

I woke up early with a memory of Anne.  We went to San Diego in January one year for couple time, without kids, dog, relatives, etc.  We rented a condo between the bay and the ocean and had a wonderful time--whale watching, Sea World, shopping, driving up the coast. 

There was little restaurant on the ocean side with outdoor seating, and we had breakfast there each morning.  Not only could we see the water and hear the waves, but we could also watch the parade of humanity going up and down the broad concrete walkway that lines the shore for miles.

A partial eclipse of the moon was going to be visible from San Diego while we were there, and several events were scheduled around that eclipse.  As we were eating breakfast the third morning, I noticed an odd looking roller blader coming from the north.  He/she had some sort of large head decoration but it was obscure from a distance.  As the skater got closer, I pointed him (it was definitely a him) out to Anne.  On his head was a large reproduction of the crescent moon--nicely done.  On the rest of him was a g-string and his skates and a very large grin.

"Now there's something you don't see every day," Anne said between bites of eggs.  I had a few more colorful comments as I recall.  Apparently this fellow was famous locally as the "naked skater."  He has sported many creative non-outfits over the years and is tolerated as a tourist attraction.

The crescent moon on his head was matched by the full moon of his behind.  Apparently it was an agreeable sight.  Anne said, "I think I could develop an interest in astronomy," and then went back to her breakfast.

After I got done choking with laughter, I thought to myself, "What a woman I was given to love!"

Sweetheart, you were so much fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment