Wednesday, December 8, 2010

To Love a Flower

"If some one loves a flower, of which just one single blossom grows in all the millions and millions of stars, it is enough to make him happy just to look at the stars. He can say to himself, 'Somewhere, my flower is there . . .'  Antoine de St. Exuperay, The Little Prince

How I love that small book of such great love.  It is quiet and I listen to Christmas music.  I read that small book of great love, written to his own rose with such passion and power and playfulness.  My flower, my rose, is somewhere there among the stars.  No, I know exactly where my flower rests.  I can look at the stars and be happy.  I can look at the trees, the water, the mountains, the grass...the Creator holds her close until all is made new again.  Somewhere my flower is there.  And I can be happy, even as I weep.

To love a flower...I have been so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment